- Ability scores generation method?
3d6 in order
- How are death and dying handled?
At 0 a PC is unconscious, otherwise per DCC’s Recovering the body
- What about raising the dead?
- How are replacement PCs handled?
Roll a trio of 0-level peasants, you can pick them up in town
- Initiative: individual, group, or something else?
- Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work?
Crits on a 20, fumbles on a 1, use DCC’s tables
- Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet?
- Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly?
On a fumble
- Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything?
Run, you fool!
- Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
- Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death?
- How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked?
Outside of ensuring someone brought torches and that a mule-load of treasure isn’t carried out by some wizard, encumbrance and resources are generally hand-waved
- What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
Leveling up occurs between adventures back in town. Spells come automatically.
- What do I get experience for?
Gold equals experience 1:1 when brought back to town, and killing monsters
- How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
A Combination. If players pick up on clues and poke around they can skip a roll, if they’re lacking in descrivptive creativity they can roll for it.
- Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work?
- How do I identify magic items?
- Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions?
No. Witches and shamans can brew potions, but they’re rare
- Can I create magic items? When and how?
- What about splitting the party?