February 24, 2012

Answers for Brendan's Questions

Some lovely questions were posed here, perfect for crystallizes and sharing the way I run things.
  1. Ability scores generation method?
3d6 in order
  1. How are death and dying handled?
At 0 a PC is unconscious, otherwise per DCC’s Recovering the body
  1. What about raising the dead?
Doesn’t exist
  1. How are replacement PCs handled?
Roll a trio of 0-level peasants, you can pick them up in town
  1. Initiative: individual, group, or something else?
Group
  1. Are there critical hits and fumbles? How do they work?
Crits on a 20, fumbles on a 1, use DCC’s tables
  1. Do I get any benefits for wearing a helmet?
No
  1. Can I hurt my friends if I fire into melee or do something similarly silly?
On a fumble
  1. Will we need to run from some encounters, or will we be able to kill everything?
Run, you fool!
  1. Level-draining monsters: yes or no?
Yes
  1. Are there going to be cases where a failed save results in PC death?
Rarely
  1. How strictly are encumbrance & resources tracked?
Outside of ensuring someone brought torches and that a mule-load of treasure isn’t carried out by some wizard, encumbrance and resources are generally hand-waved
  1. What's required when my PC gains a level? Training? Do I get new spells automatically? Can it happen in the middle of an adventure, or do I have to wait for down time?
Leveling up occurs between adventures back in town. Spells come automatically.
  1. What do I get experience for?
Gold equals experience 1:1 when brought back to town, and killing monsters
  1. How are traps located? Description, dice rolling, or some combination?
A Combination. If players pick up on clues and poke around they can skip a roll, if they’re lacking in descrivptive creativity they can roll for it.
  1. Are retainers encouraged and how does morale work?
            Retainers are useful as torchbearers and meatshields. Haven’t really used morale rules yet.
  1. How do I identify magic items?
By use.
  1. Can I buy magic items? Oh, come on: how about just potions?
No. Witches and shamans can brew potions, but they’re rare
  1. Can I create magic items? When and how?
Nope
  1. What about splitting the party?
          Your funeral, mate

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of out of my element, but I like it. Good page.

    ReplyDelete